1. Meet the new editor: My name is Nate Homan and I am the new Associate Local Editor for Charlestown. I grew up on the South Shore and my family lives in Hull. I have lived in Massachusetts all of my life and love this place like a family member.
I studied journalism at Emerson College and I have written for Winchester, Arlington, Lexington, North End, Fenway-Kenmore, South End and Back Bay Patch sites, but I have landed here in Charlestown. I’m thrilled about this. Charlestown is wicked unique and I look forward to exploring it with your help. Although I'm the editor of the site, this site is YOURS. It's just an online reflection of the amazing community that already exists in Charlestown. How can you use this site, you may ask.
Check this out:
1. Go to Charlestown Patch and log in - if you need to, create an account .
2. Click here to create a new event.
3. Make sure to add the photos where it says "Choose file to upload."
4. Once you click "Post My Event" at the bottom, you will come to the page that features your event.
5. Just send the URL to email@example.com and I'll feature it on the homepage.
2. Man Charged with Keying Car on Main Street.: A visibly intoxicated man reportedly walked up to a marked cruiser near Main and Phipps Street. The man held out a set of keys, reportedly repeating, “I’m going home,” and “I’m from Southie.”
3. Special Court Sessions Called to Deal With Suffolk County Fallout From JP State Drug Lab Scandal: Suffolk Superior Court will host a series of sessions dedicated to cases affected by the lab crisis, said Jake Wark, spokesperson for the Suffolk County District Attorney.
4. Police Logs for 10/1 through 10/3 Including an Arrest for Assault and Battery
5. TELL US: Who Makes a Difference in Charlestown?: But Patch’s new initiative, Count Us In, aspires to bring together all Good Samaritans by highlighting residents who are exemplary at making your community a more positive place.