1. Partly Sunny: The National Weather Service predicts a partly sunny day on Tuesday with a high near 77 degrees. There is a slight chance of rain after 1 p.m. The evening will cloud over and cool off to about 65 degrees.
2. Babycakes Open House. Join Babycakes of Charlestown for a to celebrate their new location at 314 Main Street and their fall class lineup. Bring the kids to this event, which features a performance by children’s singer Julia Vance and an ice cream social. Parents will have an opportunity to meet the teachers and receive $25 off any fall class.
3. Boston Children’s Festival: Families, bring your kids down to The Playstead in JP's Franklin Park from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the Boston Children's Festival. Enjoy face painting, arts and crafts, games, a magic show, a puppet show and plenty more. This is a free event.
4. Using Career Transitions for Your Job Search: The Boston Public Library wants to help you get that job you want. They are offering a free course on job searching by title, keyword and location. This can also be used to search for internships, apprenticeships and temp jobs. The course runs from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the Central Library in Copley Square.
5. Web Start Women: Web Start Women is an organization devoted to bringing more women into web design and development. They are hosting a Photoshop and web design class on the 14th floor of the Cambridge Innovation Center today at 6:15 p.m. Bring: a photo ID, your laptop, and $50.