1. Possible rain: Showers are possible today, mainly before 8 a.m., then it will be cloudy, gradually clearing throughout the day, according to the National Weather Service. High: 48, Low: 29.
2. Grocery shuttle: The Shaw’s supermarket shuttle service begins today, with a trip leaving from Bunker Hill Mall, in front of the former Johnnie’s Foodmaster at 9 a.m. The bus will travel to Shaw’s in Somerville and return at 10:30 a.m. The shuttle is offered every Tuesday morning and Fridays from 1-2:30 p.m. For a complete list of shuttle services, click here.
3. Gift books: Help the Charlestown Women’s Club complete their mission to “Stack the Stacks” at Harvard-Kent Elementary School. Choose from a list of about 20 items on the school library’s wish list to donate and dedicate that book to a person of your choosing. For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Info for entrepreneurs: Bunker Hill Community College's Community Center for Entrepreneurship is hosting their Entrepreneurship Week all week long at the Charlestown campus, 250 New Rutherford Ave. Highlights include a “Basics of Entrepreneurship” course, social media marketing class, vendor fair and keynote speaker Greg Selkoe of Karmaloop and Future Boston. Visit the college website for a full schedule and RSVP for sessions by emailing email@example.com or calling 617-228-3224.
5. Fill a bus for charity: The MBTA and MassDOT are looking for help filling one of their buses with toys. Drop off new, unwrapped toys to the bus in South Station through Dec. 14. The gifts will benefit Action for Boston Community Development, Freedom House, The Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC) and Yawkey Boys and Girls Club of Boston.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning “5 Things.”