1. Snow/rain: There is a chance of snow today before 1 p.m., then a slight chance of rain between 1 and 2 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Little or no snow accumulation is expected. Tonight will be mostly clear but windy. High: 40, Low: 19.
2. Zoning update: The Charlestown Neighborhood Council Development Committee will meet tonight at 7 p.m. at the Schrafft’s Center cafeteria to discuss possible changes to Charlestown’s zoning bylaws. Part of a series of meetings, this discussion will focus on the neighborhood’s off-street parking regulations.
3. Waterfront meeting: The Charlestown Waterfront Coalition meets at Building 114 (114 16th St.) at 7 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month.
4. You and Me, Baby: The Charlestown Branch of the Boston Public Library is offering a story, rhyme and bounce time for children under 2 years old accompanied by an adult on Wednesdays at 10:45 a.m. The free program will also run on Feb. 13.
5. Blizzard anniversary: Today is the 35th anniversary of the Blizzard of 1978, when the Boston area saw a record 27 inches of snowfall. Remember the big storm? Share your photos and stories on Charlestown Patch.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."