1. Evening snow: Today will be increasingly cloudy and windy, with gusts up to 26 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. By day, the wind chill will drop as low as -15 degrees. Show is likely this evening, mainly between midnight and 3 a.m., with less than one inch of accumulation. High: 21, Low: 13.
2. Dance the night away: The Old Charlestown School Girls will hold a dance fundraiser tonight at the Knights of Columbus Hall. DJ Kevin Cain will play music from the 1950s, ‘60s and ‘70s. All are invited. Admission costs $20 per person. All proceeds will go toward scholarships to help local women attend college.
3. T diversion: Buses will replace Orange Line trains between Sullivan Square and Oak Grove Stations on Saturday, Jan. 26 through Sunday, Jan. 27. All shuttle bus stops are accessible for persons with disabilities. Normal Orange Line train service will resume on Monday.
4. Flu shots: Still need a flu shot? Upham's Corner Health Center offers an immunization clinic on Fridays in January from 1-4 p.m. at 415 Columbia Rd., Dorchester (on the second floor).
5. Apply now: Today is the last day to submit an application to become a member of Boston Mayor Thomas Menino’s ONEin3 Council. The council is open to civic-minded individuals ages 20-34 who want to collaborate on projects designed to engage Boston’s young adult population.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."