1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny with a high near 34 and a low around 29, according to the National Weather Service.
2. New Year's Eve: If you're planning to celebrate First Night in Boston, here is information about the activities scheduled today. Also note: The MBTA will be providing additional trains in the evening to accommodate the crowds, and the MBTA is offering free service after 8 p.m. tonight. Check out the full holiday T schedule here.
3. Grocery shuttle: Need to pick up some last-minute items for your New Year's celebration? Stop and Shop is offering a free shuttle to its Medford store today between 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., and Shaw's is offering service to its Somerville store between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Click here for today's full schedule.
4. Stay informed: If you missed the word on the weekend snow emergency, now is a good time to sign up for City of Boston alerts. You can also receive important information quickly by signing up for Charlestown Patch's breaking news alerts and daily newsletter. Click here for details.
5. Runners wanted: The American Liver Foundation still has room on their 2013 Run for Research Boston Marathon team. The Run for Research Team is dedicated to raising funds and awareness for the American Liver Foundation (liverfoundation.org). Join online at liverteam.org, or contact Lauren Gainor at email@example.com or 617-527-5600.