1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny but windy, with gusts up to 28 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be mostly clear and windy. High: 32, Low: 26.
2. Tax help: The Boston Earned Income Tax Credit Campaign will be at the Charlestown Adult Education Center's second floor computer center (76 Monument St.) today from 2-7 p.m. to help local residents prepare and file their income tax forms. Any person who worked in 2012 and earned less than $50,000 is eligible for this program. No appointment is necessary. Spanish, Chinese and Somali translators will be available.
3. City councilor story time: Boston City Councilor At-Large Ayanna Pressley will read to kids in honor of Black History Month today at 3:30 p.m. at the Charlestown Branch of the Boston Public Library.
4. Money matters: Youth Underground will present a free community play that explores financial responsibility and education, today at 1 p.m. at Bunker Hill Community College (Auditorium A300). Through the play, local residents will answer questions such as “What has been your best purchase?,” “Do you consider yourself a saver or a spender?” and “How is having money important for happiness?” Because of limited seating, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-353-9677.
5. Lenten mission: Saint Mary-Saint Catherine of Siena Parish is hosting an evening of socializing and reflection on Thursday evenings at 7 p.m. throughout the Lenten season. Meetings will also be held on Feb. 28 and March 7, 14 and 21.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."