1. Sunny: Today will be sunny with a chance of snow this evening, mainly after 9 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. High: 41, Low: 30.
2. Democratic caucus: Charlestown Democrats will hold a caucus to select delegates for the 2013 Massachusetts Democratic Party’s Platform Convention today at 6:30 p.m. at the Charlestown Community Center. The caucus will elect 12 delegates and three alternates to the 2013 Massachusetts Democratic Convention.
3. Weatherize Now: Learn more about the mayor’s Renew Boston initiative, which helps Boston residents and property owners to weatherize residential buildings and save on energy costs, during a social tonight from 5-7 p.m. at Max and Dylan's City Square. RSVP at RBAfterWork.eventbrite.com. To sign up for a free, no-cost home energy assessment, visit www.renewboston.org or call 617-365-SAVE (7283).
4. Old Rutherford Ave project: The Charlestown Neighborhood Council will host an abutter meeting today at 6 p.m. at the 100 Ferrin Street Senior Center Community Room, to discuss a small project at 63 Rutherford Ave. The property owner intends to build a one-story addition to the existing building, add a roof deck and make other renovations. This public meeting is being held in advance of a Zoning Board of Appeals hearing on Feb. 26.
5. You and Me, Baby: The Charlestown Branch of the Boston Public Library is offering a story, rhyme and bounce time for children under 2 years old accompanied by an adult on Wednesdays at 10:45 a.m.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."