1. Partly sunny: Today will be partly sunny and windy, with gusts up to 28 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. High: 38, Low: 24.
2. City services: The City Hall To Go truck will be at Green and Main streets (Thompson Square) in Charlestown today from 1-3 p.m. Charlestown residents can take care of parking tickets, request birth, death or marriage certificates, pay property and excise taxes and take advantage of other city services without leaving the neighborhood. For more information, including a list of services and required documentation, visit cityofboston.gov/cityhalltogo.
3. Orange Line diversion: Buses will replace Orange Line trains between Sullivan Square and Oak Grove MBTA stations on Saturday, Jan. 5 through Sunday, Jan. 6. All shuttle bus stops are accessible for persons with disabilities. Normal Orange Line train service will resume on Monday.
4. Tree pickup: This weekend is a good time to take down your Christmas tree, as the Boston Public Works Department will be collecting trees curbside from Jan. 7-18. Be sure to remove all ornaments, decorations and stands and place the tree on the curb by 7 a.m. on your recycling day (in Charlestown, that’s Wednesdays). Do not put trees in plastic bags.
5. Night at the museum: MFA First Fridays are held on the first Friday of every month from 6-9:30 p.m. With the purchase of admission to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, 465 Huntington Ave. ($25 adult, $23 seniors), you can explore the exhibits, enjoy music, cash bars featuring signature cocktails and delicious tapas available for purchase. DJ Holtie will be featured on Jan. 4. This event is open to visitors ages 21 and up; purchase tickets in advance at mfa.org or at the door.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."