Today is Wednesday, Nov. 9. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Every incumbent running for City Council this year in Boston has won their re-election bid -- though there were a couple of very close votes. Namely, Michael Flaherty nearly scored one of the four at-large seats -- with what I'm guessing was a lot of support in Charlestown. He lost to Stephen Murphy by 922 votes. Read .
2. Our friends at Vote Charlestown report that 2,000 people voted in the neighborhood yesterday. That might not seem terribly high, but it's about 600 more voters than Charlestown saw in the last municipal election. Congrats, Vote Charlestown and please, keep up the good work.
3. Stay tuned to Patch later today and tomorrow for a full report on how the neighborhood voted. I've got to get to City Hall today, get a full print-out of Charlestown's polling places and tally the votes. But the numbers are coming! In the meantime, take a look at .
4. You've got a few more days to take advantage of a great program at the Y. Bring in five non-perishable food items betwee now and Nov. 11 and the YMCA will weaive the $50 joining fee -- and give you three free sessions of health and wellness coaching as part of its "Get Fit, Give Back" campaign. For more details, visit ymcaboston.org/charlestown.
5. Today's forecast. Looks like another lovely day. Mostly sunny, with a high near 65. East wind between 3 and 8 mph.