Small Business Saturday is on Nov. 24 this year, two days after Thanksgiving. It is a day for everyone to support the small businesses that their community thrives on.
American Express founded the day in 2010 to help small businesses get exposure during the holiday season, when they might be otherwise overlooked. With retailers buzzing around the holidays, it is important to support local small businesses that rely on their neighbors in order to continue prospering and building the local economy in Charlestown.
Last year, 100 million people nationwide participated in Small Business Saturday by shopping at locally owned stores to help boost the economy and their communities.
Here are just a few Charlestown businesses participating in Small Business Saturday:
- Harbor Walk Cafe, 1 Constitution Center
- Bunker Hill Liquors, 200 Bunker Hill St.
- Jenny's Pizza, 320 Medford St.
- Speedy Chen's Chinese Restaurant, 297 Main St.
- Harvard Art and Frame, 250 Main St.
- Raspberry Bouquet, 219 Main St.
- Charlestown Ace Hardware, 5 Austin St.
- Olivia Browning of Charlestown, 20 Albion Place
- Avalon Crossfit, 50 Terminal St.
- The Joy of Old, 85 Warren St.
Click here for a full list of participating Charlestown businesses and directions to their shops
You can also “like” Small Business Saturday on Facebook by visiting www.facebook.com/shopsmall.
You can also show your support for your favorite Charlestown businesses by "liking" them on Facebook.
Everyone has locally owned businesses in their community, and shopping on Small Business Saturday is the perfect way to give back to the businesses you know and love in your community.
What small businesses do you patronize in your town and what makes them great? Share in the comments below.