Harvard-Kent Elementary School
The student population at the Harvard-Kent School is culturally rich, with children from Asian, Hispanic, African-American and Caucasian backgrounds. The 65 teachers mirror that diversity. The school has a spacious library, bright classrooms, a large gymnasium, cafeteria, playground and a new outdoor classroom. Students are encouraged to become life-long learners with an interest not just in language, math and science, but in computers, art, writing, singing and sports.
- Fax: 617-635-8364
- Hours: School hours: 8am - 3:20pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1972
- Number of students: 481
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 11:1
- Number of faculty: 65
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Parents are actively encouraged to participate in the Harvard-Kent community through special events. The school hosts parenting courses as well as ESL programs for Chinese- and Spanish-speaking parents.
- Grade levels: K-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Many students participate in Boys & Girls Club activities after school. A shuttle is provided from the Harvard-Kent to the club.