Charlestown High School
Charlestown High School is divided into four independent learning communities that offer students the chance to study in a more intimate setting, while still having the benefit of attending a large school. The high school maintains strong partnerships with colleges, including Boston University's COACH program, to prepare students, starting from the 9th grade, to pursue a higher education. It offers unique courses in Arabic, entrepreneurship and forensic science, as well as a variety of athletic and extra-curricular activities. Its boy's basketball team has been top-ranked both state-wide and nationally.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:20 am - 1:40 pm. Early Dismissal: 11:45 am.
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp at the entrance.
- Founding Date: 1845
- Number of students: 919
- Male-to-female ratio: 52% - 48%
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None
- Graduation rate (%): 89
- Accreditation/licenses: The school is accredited.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 15:1
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Number of faculty: 79
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: The school offers 10 Advanced Placement courses, including English, math and science.
- Student clubs: Student clubs include the student fashion show, yearbook club, photography club, drama club, environmental club, Japanese club, robotics club.
- Sports teams: Basketball, volleyball, football, swimming, volleyball, track, baseball, wrestling, cheerleading, weight lifting.