Bunker Hill Community College
Bunker Hill Community College enrolls more than 14,000 students on two campuses and three satellite locations. Sixty-seven percent of the students enrolled at BHCC are people of color and more than half of the students are women. BHCC enrolls more than 800 international students as well, who come from nearly 100 countries and speak more than 75 languages.
Bunker Hill Community College offers more than 100 associates degree and certificate programs that are aimed at providing its students with job skills or a transfer to a four-year college or university. Included in the school's most competitive programs are health care and criminal justice. It offers day, afternoon, evening, late-evening, midnight, weekend and web-based and distance-learning courses and programs each semester.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 6am - 3am; Fri - Sun, 8am - midnight.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1973
- Number of students: 1,400
- Male-to-female ratio: 60% female
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- Parking: Free lot, Paid lot
- Number of faculty: There are 120 full-time faculty and more than 200 adjuncts.
- Degrees: Undergraduate
- Programs: Distance learning, Evening, Part-time, Study abroad, Summer studies
- Percent minority: 59
- Percent international: 9
- Campus housing: No
- Sports teams: BHCC offers competitive as well as intramural sports for men and women.
- Sports facilities: In 2009, a new Health and Wellness building was dedicated on the campus, including a new basketball court. The school also has soccer fields.