Every day, Charlestown Patch gives you local news and information you can use to make your life a little easier. Now with our Monday Essentials, we offer you a look at important events, deadlines and other things you should know about for the coming week.
Know of something we missed? Add it in the comments or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Movie Mondays: Check out some of Hollywood’s classic films on Mondays in August at the Charlestown Branch Library (179 Main St.). The Aug. 12 film will be “The Apartment” (1960). This event will start at 2:30 p.m. and is free and open to the community.
- Wallace Court meeting: The Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Services will hold a community meeting to discuss a proposal for new dormers and a roof deck at 6 Wallace Court in Charlestown on Tuesday, Aug. 13 at 6:30 p.m. the meeting will be held at 6 Wallace Court. The item will go before the Boston Zoning Board of Appeal on Aug. 20.
- Spaulding Young Professionals’ Lobsterfest (Sold Out): The Boston Shuckin’ Truck will be at the Residence Inn on Tudor Wharf (34-44 Charles River Ave.) on Wednesday, Aug. 14 from 6-9 p.m. for the inaugural Lobsterfest to benefit the Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Young Professional Group and their “Leave Your Legacy” Campaign. Enjoy beach-inspired food, drinks, games and live music. Tickets are sold out. giving.spauldingnetwork.org/lobsterfest.
- Meet the candidates: BNN-TV's "Charlestown Live" will sponsor the first in a series of three Town Hall meetings on Wednesday, Aug. 14 with all 19 candidates for the Boston City Council at-large race. The event will take place at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 545 Medford St., starting with a social hour from 6-7 p.m., with the meeting to start at 7 p.m. The community is welcome to attend.
- Navy Yard concert: The Friends of the Charlestown Navy Yard will sponsor a free concert at Shipyard Park in the Navy Yard on Thursday, Aug. 15 from 6-7:30 p.m. The Harvard Alumni Jazz Band will perform. Domino's Pizza will provide free pizza.
- Free Fridays: Admission to the USS Constitution Museum will be free on Friday, Aug. 16, part of the Free Fun Fridays program sponsored by Highland Street Foundation.