Six Charlestown residents were recently awarded a total of $6,000 in college scholarships from the Charlestown Mothers Association.
"This year we were incredibly impressed with the amazing young women and men in Charlestown who applied. Their commitments to their families, their studies, their volunteer and extra-curricular work, and our Charlestown neighborhood made our decision a difficult one," said the Association's Jennifer Rossi.
• Cindy Lee is the 2013 recipient of Charlestown Mothers Association's $2,500 Scholarship Award. Lee will matriculate at Boston College beginning this fall.
This year, the CMA also awarded two $1,000 scholarships:
• Abby Hoang, who will attend Babson College, and
• Matthew Johnson, who will attend Merrimack College.
The Association provided three merit scholarships of $500, to:
• Jiamin Huang, who is attending Simmons College,
• Brittany McLaughlin, who will attend the University of New Hampshire, and
• Mandy Yun, who will attend Boston University.
Every year a significant portion of the funds raised by CMA are awarded as college scholarships to talented Charlestown residents. Thanks to the generosity of CMA members and supporters, CMA was able to award $6,000 this year, the largest amount it has ever awarded.
"We are looking forward to following the progress, and hearing about the success of each of these outstanding young adults," said Rossi.