Today is Friday, Jan. 19. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Cold, clear and breezy. That pretty much sums up today, except things will get cloudy later on.
2. Wind turbine maintenance. The Massachusetts Water Resources Authority will be performing routine maintenance on the Charlestown Wind Turbine during the day from Jan. 20 through Jan. 24. The turbine will not be spinning during the day during this time, but should be back on each night.
3. Charlestown Working Theater opens new production. The local theater group has a teen ensemble show opening on Saturday—Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. It's part of a larger project and educational partnership with the acclaimed Actors' Shakespeare Project.
4. Bylaw change posted. The Charlestown Neighborhood Council plans to expand its public notice policies to include Charlestown Live and a certain online publication you’re reading right now. In accordance with the Council’s bylaws, notification of this proposed change must be made available for public review at least ten days prior to the meeting at which the amendment will be acted upon. A copy of the current bylaw language and the proposed change will be available at the Charlestown Branch Library beginning today.
5. A quick thank you. Earlier this week, we were running low on photos for our photo of the day feature. We put out a tweet and a Facebook post, and, within a day, we had gotten four. We still need more, of course, but we wanted to thank those who responded so quickly.