As Latino Heritage Month draws to a close, the son of Boston's first Latino city councilor is hosting a celebration at City Hall.
Felix Arroyo, a Jamaica Plain resident and at-large city councilor, invites everyone to this year's celebration. It will be held on Monday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the council chambers, which are on the fifth floor of City Hall.
There will be live music and free food. This year, the city's burgeoning Latino business sector takes center stage. The following small business owners will be recognized:
- Nobel Garcia (El Oriental de Cuba)
- Luis Ernesto Gonzalez (Crystal Fruit)
- Jose D. Gutierrez and Aida L. Gomez (Tacos El Charro)
- Aida Lopez (La Casa de los Regalos in JP)
- John Lee Diaz (Law Office of John Lee Diaz)
- Jose Duarte (Taranta Restaurant)
- Miguel Fuentes (Fuentes Market)
- Raymond & Darlin Liriano (Liriano Market)
- Jody Mendoza (Mojitos Latin Lounge)
- Nivia J. Piña (Vejigantes Restaurant)