On Sunday, June 24, around 5:40 p.m., a pair of officers spotted a vehicle parked in the wrong direction on Monument Street. The vehicle’s driver didn’t have his driver’s license with him, according to a report, and instead produced a license to carry firearms for sporting purposes. When asked, the driver told officers that he had a weapon in the vehicle—a 9mm pistol—in the pocket on the driver’s side door. Officers retrieved the weapon and found it loaded. Police cited the driver for carrying a weapon outside the confines of his sporting license and confiscated the pistol.
On Friday, June 22, around 8 a.m., a bicyclist reported that a driver in a BMW sideswiped him while he was in the crosswalk on Main Street near the Bunker Hill Mall. The driver didn’t stop. The bicyclist was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital and given medication for his injuries.
Other notable entries:
Friday, June 22
- Officers responded to a report that a driver left the scene of a motor vehicle accident on Starr King Court where property had been damaged.
Saturday, June 23
- Officers responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident that injured someone on Alford Street.
Sunday, June 24, 2012
- Officers responded to a report of an assault and battery on Medford Street. As a result of the incident, they arrested of William Earl Benjamin of 124 Adams Street in Dorchester.
- Officers responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident on Rutherford Avenue that injured at least one person.
- Officers responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident on Mt. Vernon Street that damaged some property.