Around 2:40 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 12, officers responded to a report of an assault and battery on Tufts Street. The victim told police that she was six months pregnant and that her attacker, her domestic partner, had choked her, pulled her hair and pushed her into a wall. She said that she defended herself by picking up a hammer and swinging it. She declined medical attention and said she didn’t want to press charges. As a result of the incident, officers arrested David Goncalves of 34 Peaceful Lane in Wareham.
Around 7:30 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 12, a sharp-eyed resident called the police and reported that she saw a juvenile breaking into her car. Officers responded to the scene and found a youth bicycling away. They took him into custody and found in his possession a bicycle, a key to a BMW and a dietary supplement. The youth told police that he had bought the bike in Lynn, gotten the key from her mother who owned the BMW, and bought the dietary supplement form a GNC store. Police found that the mother didn’t own a car and that the GNC store didn’t carry that brand of supplement. The youth was charged with breaking into a vehicle and three counts of receiving stolen property.
Other notable entries:
Saturday, Aug 11
- Police charged a Wilmington man with trespassing on Carney Court.
- Officers responded to a report of an assault and battery on Chelsea Street around 5:40 p.m.
- Officers responded to a report of an assault and battery in Sullivan Square around 6:30 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 12
- A victim reported that someone stole less than $200 worth of valuables from a Mystic Street address.
- A victim reported that someone stole more than $200 worth of valuables from a Constitution Warf building.
- A victim reported that someone stole more than $200 worth of valuables from a Constitution Road address.
- A victim reported that someone stole her wallet from her unattended purse at the Dunkin Donuts at 99 Cambridge Street.