On Monday, Aug. 20, a Charlestown man reported that he had become the victim of an internet money scheme. The victim sent $400 to a man who contacted him over the web after depositing what turned out to be a fraudulent check. As a result of the incident, the victim also suffered $109 in related losses.
On Thursday, Aug. 23, a Bunker Hill Street resident reported that someone had knocked out the peephole on her front door and broke the door’s lock while she was away. The victim said that no one actually entered her apartment, as far as she could tell.
Other notable entries:
Monday, Aug. 20
- Officers responded to a report o vandalism on Dunstable Street.
- A victim reported that someone stole less than $200 worth of valuables from a 9th Street Address.
Tuesday, Aug. 21
- A victim on Terry Rung Way reported that someone stole her purse and used her debit card to make a purchase of $81.36 at the CVS on Cambridge Street.
Wednesday, Aug. 22
- Officers arrested Rachid Haddar of 10 Walford Way on an outstanding warrant.
Thursday, Aug. 23
- Police arrested Jaime Nolasco Hernandez of 430 Adams Street in Dorchester on an outstanding warrant.