pet peeve; noun a particular and often continual annoyance; personal bugbear
1. The jelly roll that I now call my stomach. It just Won't. Go. Away. It doesn't matter what I do. I have an elliptical in my bedroom and actually use it. I do sit-ups every night. That jiggle is not budging. I'm considering sending out address cards. "We've Moved! John and Jane Jiggle are so excited to announce their new permanent residence at Kristin's midsection. Come by and see us!"
2. The abundance of Dennison's that come with everything you'll ever buy for your child.
Oh, you don't know what a Dennison is? Neither did I. And then I got so annoyed by them that I had to look it up. They are those little plastic tag thing-a-ma-jigs.Let this be a warning, if you buy anything kid related there are like 90 of these suckers attached to any damn product.
Yes, a minor annoyance. Except when you miss one and it ends up in your daughters sock and she screams bloody murder because something is poking at her foot.
Mr. Dennison, I am not your fan.
3. Baby/Toddler Clothing. It's like the clothing companies got together and decided they were going to make sizes that would fit either baby midgets or Frank the Tank.
4. The statement: "Apple doesn't fall far from the tree" after having a child. Don't ever let these words fall out of your mouth to a new mom unless their baby just did a triple Salchow on ice skates while reciting the alphabet backwards.
5. Toys that randomly play music even after you hit "off." This is just plain creepy. I once had a nightmare where a Teddy Bear was screaming "HUG ME, LOVE ME" while holding a tea pot that was singing "TIME TO SHARE A SPOT OF TEA! ONE FOR YOU, ONE FOR ME!" All the while the Teddy Bear was trying to dodge a bowling ball that shrieked "ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT GENTLY AS CAN BE! ONCE YOU SPIN ROUND AND ROUND ITS FUN AS FUN CAN BE!"
I need therapy.
("Like" my Fan Page for more musings...