Boston.com recently published an article called "Nine Things to Know About Charlestown."
Here's the bullets of their list (see the full article for more):
- Organized crime
- Charlestown used to be the state's capitol
- It used to be much larger
- Busing movie
- Harvard builder and founder lived in the town
- Morse code's creator was born here
- Paul Revere's ride and Battle of Bunker Hill
- Maritime history
- The Warren Tavern
Overall, it's not a bad list. But I think we can do better. What do YOU think people should know about Charlestown?