The Celebration for Halloween is still planned for Wednesday. Please join us at 5:00!
One of Charlestown’s most beloved events, the 27th Annual Monument Square Halloween Costume Parade,will be held on Wednesday, October 31. Gather at the Bunker Hill Monument at 5:00 PM then join the parade at 5:30 PM. Costumes are encouraged for ALL ages!
Here are some of the fun things in store for this year:
- A performance by the YAK Dance Crew from 5:00-5:30. This is a fantastic break dance crew frequently found performing in front of large crowds at Faneuil Hall.
- Glow necklaces and trick or treat bags will be distributed prior to the parade.
- The parade will start at the front of the Monument with The Tony Barrie Band and the Monument Square Wizard leading the way— keep an eye out for a juggling unicycler and a stilt walker along the route!
- The parade will continue with an extended parade to the Training Field. This is a great area for younger kids. Mr. Ron the Balloon Man will return, and this year there will be a “Haunted, but not Scary House,” created by The Cooperative Bank.
- And of course, trick or treating around the Monument, Training Field and Monument Ave and adjacent streets will continue!
If you live along the parade route, please help by decorating your home and handing out treats in costume.
This Event is Generously Sponsored by:
The Monument Square Neighborhood Association
The Friends of the Training Field
The Charlestown Mothers Association
The National Park Service
The Friends of the Navy Yard
The Cooperative Bank
And many other neighbors and friends