Here's a handy list of what's open (and closed) on New Year Day, Tuesday, Jan. 1:
- Retail stores: Open at owner's discretion.
- Supermarkets and liquor stores: Most open.
- Convenience stores: Most open.
- Bars and restaurants: Most open, click here for a list of Boston restaurants open on New Year's Day.
- Stock market: Closed.
- Municipal offices: Closed.
- Banks: Closed.
- Libraries: Closed.
- Schools: Closed.
- Post office: Closed.
- MBTA: Operating on a Sunday schedule.
- Trash/Recycling: Regular schedule.
Are we missing anything important? Share it in the comments section below.