Life gets busy, and Patch certainly understands that. So with that in mind, here are a few stories you might have missed on Charlestown Patch this week:
- Charlestown Man Considering City Council Run—Jack Kelly, who formerly served as Charlestown's neighborhood liaison in the Mayor's Office, has announced interest in running this year for one of the council's four at-large seats.
- Menino: Everett Casino Traffic Would Go Through Charlestown—Mayor Thomas Menino said though he believes a casino project in Everett would impact Boston greatly, the developer behind that proposal has yet to seek input from city officials.
- Murray Not Running For Governor; Who Should Run?—Lt. Gov. Timothy P. Murray will not run for governor in 2014, citing the demands of campaigning, serving in elected office and his desire to spend more time with his wife and two young daughters, reported his hometown newspaper the Telegram & Gazette of Worcester.
- —Mayor Thomas Menino is supporting a renewed focus on education and public safety for the 2013-14 legislative session, he announced Tuesday.
- —The president, governor and Boston mayor all spoke out about gun control this week, promising to push for stronger regulation in the wake of the Newtown, CT school shooting that left 28 people dead.
- —More than 7,000 Boston residents received their flu shots last weekend, following Mayor Thomas Menino’s declaration of a public health emergency. As of Tuesday, the virus had led to at least eight confirmed deaths in the city, including one child under the age of six and seven adults over age 65, according to Dr. Barbara Ferrer, executive director of the Boston Public Health Commission
- Charlestown’s Aaron Titcomb To Play D1 Hockey—Another Charlestown resident will be playing Division 1 college hockey. Aaron Titcomb has reportedly committed to playing for Merrimack College, a sports blogger posted last week.
- Police Reports: Robbery by Knifepoint on Main Street—Two suspects were arrested last week in an armed robbery by knife on Main Street.
- T Driver’s Savings Lift Orange Line Commute—Ja-Ron Freeman has earned a bit of celebrity among MBTA riders with his positive attitude, safety-first mindset and quotable catch phrases.
- Share Your Daily Charlestown Photos—Patch is re-launching our Photo of the Day feature. Got a great photo of life in Charlestown? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, text to 781-217-4233 or tweet @CharlestwnPatch. Make sure to add in a line or two about where or when the photo was taken.
Did we miss something? Send news tips, comments and suggestions to email@example.com.