Trash collection around any holiday can be confusing, but when you've got several holidays strung together—and lots of added trash from those gift boxes and holiday parties—it's even harder to track.
Here is the trash collection schedule for all Boston neighborhoods, including Charlestown:
Christmas Week 2012
(Tuesday, Dec. 25 at 7 a.m. to Saturday, Dec. 29 at 5 p.m.)
- Monday, Dec. 24—Regular trash and recycling in all Boston neighborhoods
- Tuesday, Dec. 25—No trash or recycling in all Boston neighborhoods
In Fenway, Lower Roxbury, Mission Hill, the South End, and Back Bay with Tuesday pickup, the next trash day will be Friday, Dec. 28.
In Bay Village, Beacon Hill, Charlestown, Chinatown, Leather District and the North End, and in Back Bay with Monday pickup, trash will run on its regular schedule.
In Allston, Brighton, Dorchester, East Boston, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, Mattapan, South Boston and West Roxbury, trash will run on its regular schedule for Monday, Dec. 24, then be delayed one day on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The exception is for Jamaica Plain residents who have their trash collected twice a week; there will be no delay for them.
New Year's Day 2012
On Monday, Dec. 31, trash will be on its regular schedule for all Boston neighborhoods.
Tuesday Jan. 1:
- Bay Village Beacon Hill, Charlestown, Chinatown, Fenway, Leather District, Lower Roxbury, Mission Hill, North End, South End and sections of Back Bay will be on the regular schedule, with no delays.
- Allston, Brighton, Dorchester, East Boston, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, Mattapan, South Boston and West Roxbury will be on their regular schedule on Monday, Dec. 31, then delayed a day on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Again, there will be no delays for residents of Jamaica Plain who have their trash picked up twice a week.