Today is Tuesday, Nov. 8. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Polls are open! Today's a municipal election day. Don't forget to cast your vote for at-large city councilor. For more info on where to vote, candidates and other details, take a look at .
2. Help your neighbors make this an historic turnout. You've probably seen the banner on Austin Street. Maybe you've seen a few folks standing at intersections with signs. The point is, -- a non-partisan initiative to get more people in the community to the polls -- is hoping for a big ballot rush today. Why? Because if Charlestown can make a decent showing at this (and all) elections, politicians might understand it's a bloc worth paying attention to.
3. Don't forget: Tonight's the . Meet the new principal, Michele Davis, get a look inside the new building and hear about the unique programs offered at the school. Event starts at 6 p.m. You can find more details .
4. Maybe you want to rub elbows with other folks in the city who care about Boston's youth and families? Check out the web site for HubNob -- an annual event for BCYF, hosted by the mayor. (HubNob is *this* Thursday at the House of Blues.)
5. Today's forecast: A glorious Election Day. Mostly sunny with a high near 70.