Today is Friday, Aug. 12. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. The doors have opened at Olives -- though not to the public quite yet. Crews appear to be working on repairs, as evidenced by the main entrance (slightly ajar) at the City Square restaurant this week. Also spokeswoman for Todd English Enterprises told Boston.com things are still on track for a fall re-opening. But no firm date yet.
2. Hey -- here's your incentive to give yoga a try. Groupon is offering a discount at Charlestown Yoga: $45 for 10 classes. You've got another 24 hours or so to buy it. Click here for the deal.
3. It's Friday. You gotta dance. Boston Swing Central will make that possible tonight during their second annual summer-movie inspired dance -- Cabin in the Sky. They'll be featuring the music of Duke Ellington, Ethel Waters, Lena Horne as Sweet Georgia Brown. Want more details? .
4. The weather was pretty spectacular yesterday, no? Prepare for more of that. Sunny with a high near 80 today.
5. And on a serious note, Charlestown lost a great neighbor yesterday. By now word has surely traveled around the town about . He was an amazing force in the community and one that will be impossible to replace. Many of you have submitted your photos, memories and thoughts of Peter. I'm trying to compile them . If you'd like to contribute, feel free to post in the comments or send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something