Today is Wednesday, Sept. 28. Here are five things you need to know.
1. What do you think about a few residential units being built on top of , and ? The Neighborhood Council is hosting a meeting tonight to talk about a proposal to do just that. Meeting starts at 7 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus.
2. A at the Navy Yard? Sure. Join the Wine Bottega and Come Sail Away Now at Pier 6. Tickets are $50. For more details, visit ComeSailAwayNow.com.
3. The MBTA is rolling out some snazzy new trucks today -- in the neighborhood. It's receiving 10 Dodge Ram plug-in hybrid electric trucks -- new additions to the MBTA's maintenace fleet. Officials will be in Charlestown today at the MBTA bus garage, showing them off for a test drive.
4. Charlestown is the place to debut new public vehicles, apparently. The mayor will dedicate the new Boston Fire Department boat, "John S. Damrell," on Thursday at 1 p.m. in the Navy Yard.
5. Today's forecast: Mostly cloudy with a high near 69. Chance of showers, 40 percent.
For more info on what's happening around the neighborhood, check out our events calendar. And please, feel free to post your own!