Charlestown residents in need of help filing their 2012 income tax forms can receive that assistance right here in town this Thursday and Saturday.
Representatives from the Boston Earned Income Tax Credit Campaign will be on hand at the Charlestown Adult Education Center's second floor computer center (76 Monument St.) on Thursday, Feb. 21 between 2 and 7 p.m. and on Saturday, Feb. 23 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Any individual who worked in 2012 and earned less than $50,000 is eligible to receive free tax prep assistance through this program. No appointment is necessary.
In addition, translators will be available to assist Spanish, Chinese and Somali language speakers.
Those interested in receiving help on one of these two dates should bring the following forms and information with them:
- Valid picture ID (required)
- Social Security card or Individual Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN) for you, your children and/or spouse
- Proof of health insurance card for you and your family and HC-1099
- All W2 forms
- All 1099 forms—1099G (unemployment and 1099R (pension payments)
- All 1098T forms (tuition payments) and receipts for materials and books and proof of payment
- Total student loan interest paid (1098E) and proof of payment
- Total child care expenses in 2012 and name, address, Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security number of your child care provider
- Total rent paid in 2012
- Any mail from the IRS
- A copy of last year's tax return
- Your back account and routing numbers to direct deposit your refund
- Any mail from the Massachusetts Department of Revenue
For more information, call 617-918-5275 or visit bostontaxhelp.org.