Today is Friday, May 11. Here are five things you should know.
1. Hit the links! The Charlestown Mother's Association is hosting its 1st ever on Friday, May 11, at Stow Acres Country Club in Stow, MA. Stow Acres boasts 2 championship courses and will be hosting a Massachusetts Golf Association Tournament earlier that week, so the courses should be beautiful and pristine! It should be a a fun, relaxing and enjoyable day of golf and food where guys can meet and mingle with one another! All skill levels are welcome—and we are hoping for an excellent turnout! Event is open to the entire community—all are invited!
2. Gershwin. Join Joslin Diabetes Center for a fabulous on May 11th, as the beloved Boston Pops feature the iconic music of George Gershwin. All proceeds from the evening will support Joslin’s singular focus on diabetes and its High Hopes Fund. The High Hopes Fund supports Joslin’s integration of cutting-edge research toward a cure, as well as clinical care and education for those living with diabetes and their families, ensuring a future with great hope.
Evening at Pops guests will enjoy a spectacular musical experience as Keith Lockhart and the Pops celebrate George Gershwin by performing many of his vibrant, jazzy and uniquely American pieces, including Rhapsody in Blue.
3. For mom. Janice and Lynn from the Bobbi Brown Counter at Neiman Marcus will be here on Friday for ! Join us from 4PM to 8PM. Appointments are necessary. Each guest will have a full have hour with a Bobbi Brown expert. Make-up and gift will be delivered back to Olivia Browning should you want to purchase anything from Bobbi.
4. Comment of the day. As we reported, the Charlestown Neighborhood Council hosted the latest Rutherford Avenue/Sullivan Square meeting on Wednesday night, joined by officials from the Boston Transportation Department and consultants from Tetra Tech. Patch reader Dan offered the following comment on : “Sorry to say nothing really changed. The so called change was something we had seen before, Austin St. over pass is now locked in Vs a surface design. This design was shown at the last meeting and most people at that meeting agreed it was better than the surface option.”
5. Sun. Today’s forecast calls for sun in the morning with clouds moving in later in the day. Highs should get up to about 66 degrees, with a slight chance of showers, according to Weather.com. After dark, temps will fall to around 47 degrees with a 20 percent chance of rain.