Today is Friday, May 25. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Joint Charlestown armory redevelopment meeting - June 7, 7 pm.The CNC Development Committee and the Department of Neighborhood Development will be hosting a joint meeting on June 7th at 7 pm at the Schraft’s Center Cafeteria(529 Main Street) to discuss the potential opportunities and concerns related to theredevelopment of the Charlestown Armory Building located on Bunker Hill Street. TheDepartment of Neighborhood Development anticipates issuing a new Request for Proposalto potential developers and is looking for community input related to the information andrequirements to be included in the RFP, as well as the types of uses the community wouldbe interested in seeing at the former Armory building. Direct abutters and the neighborhoodat large are encouraged to attend.
2. Golf fundraiser. The Charlestown Boys and Girls Club is holding its this morning. If you haven't registered yet, it's probably too late (but you can try). If you HAVE registered, please send us some photos.
3. Everything is okay in the Navy Yard. We had the in the Navy Yard yesterday, but it was and no one was hurt.
4. Comment of the day. A reader yesterday pointed out that the MBTA's bussing plan for shutting down the Orange Line begins on parade weekend--which triggered : "The MBTA bosses are too dumb to realize logistics. Shoot, they are millions in debt, yet they run buses with broken fare collecting machines. How are they supposed to collect fares when the machines are broken and even worse, the bus drivers let people ride for free?"
5. It's a nice one. Temperatures will top out in the low 70s today under mostly cloudy skies. Moderate winds.