Today is Friday, Nov. 18. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. The state's labor office delivered positive news this week: 10,800 new jobs were created in Massachusetts in October. The gain followed a loss of 5,500 jobs in September, according to a press release from the office. The state's unemployment rate is still at 7.3 percent, but that's (at least) below the national 9 percent.
2. Interested in getting involved with the Charlestown Preservation Society? The group is hosting a this Saturday from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
3. What's the fall out of this warm weather? The opening of the Frog Pond has been delayed ! Apparently it needs to be below 55 degrees during the day to make it work. No new date has been scheduled.
4. The at the offers to have you pay a $5 donation to local charities in exchange for "incredible discounts at participating stores, restaurants, and attractions." It's happening for two days - today and tomorrow - from 4 p.m. - 9 p.m. Get your shopping done early and support: American Diabetes Association, Amnesty International, Teen Empowerment, and more. Full list and more info here .
5. Today's forecast: Sunny, with a high near 50.