Today is Wednesday, Sept. 21. Here are five things you need to know.
1. The Charlestown Chamber of Commerce is back in action after taking a summer hiatus. Tonight the chamber hosts a networking event from 6 to 8 p.m. on the fifth floor at the . (These networking events are held every third Wednesday of the month.) Free for members, $25 at the door for non-members. You can RSVP with Diane Grant: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Did you know the head of the state's Republican party lives in Charlestown? It's true. And this week, she retiring from her post. Jennifer Nassour stepped down, as she prepares to have a third child. Congrats to Nassour and her family.
3. And on the topic of Nassour's retirement, I give you It's a great one this week on why this bickering between liberals and conservatives need to stop. We're all fighting the same fight.
4. Go to the today and get some winter squash. Stillman's will only be coming to the neighborhood for a few more weeks. Then it's winter, forever.
5. Today's forecast: Mostly sunny, high near 73.
For more info on what's happening around the neighborhood, check our events calendar.