1. Chilly: Today will be sunny but cold, with a high near 24 degrees and a low around 19, according to the National Weather Service. Wind chill values could drop as low as -2 degrees. The evening will be mostly cloudy.
2. Construction meeting: The Charlestown Neighborhood Council Development Committee will review the revised development proposal for the Bridgeview Center project (400 Rutherford Ave.) today at 7 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus. Interested members of the public are welcome to attend.
3. Get fit: If your New Year’s resolution was to be healthier, the Charlestown YMCA is a great place to start. The Y is offering membership with no joiner fee through Jan. 31, including free zumba, yoga and pilates classes, access to all 13 Ys in the Greater Boston area and other benefits. A new slate of classes begins Jan. 6. Learn more and schedule a tour at ymcaboston.org/charlestown.
4. Email 101: Learn how to set up and use an email account in the Boston Public Library’s free “Using Your Gmail” series. The class is offered today at 2:30 p.m. in the Central Library’s Training Lab (700 Boylston St.).
5. Free art: Admission to the Institute of Contemporary Art/Boston is free to all ages every Thursday from 5-9 p.m. Check out their newest exhibit, "This Will Have Been: Art, Love and Politics in the 1980s,” up through March 3.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."