1. Sunny: Today will be sunny and windy with a high near 48 degrees and a low around 32, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Santa’s in town: Santa Claus will be at The Cooperative Bank on Main Street today from 12-5 p.m. Bring the kids by so they can meet the big guy and have their picture taken with him.
3. Train change: Buses will replace Orange Line trains between Sullivan Square and Oak Grove MBTA stations from 9 p.m. today through Sunday, Dec. 16. Normal Orange Line train service will resume on Monday, Dec. 17.
4. Soccer signups: Today is the last day to sign kids up for Charlestown Youth Soccer Association’s spring 2013 travel league. The program is open to children ages 8-14. Sign up online at charlestownsoccer.com (click on the Register Online link on the left side of the page).
5. Holiday hours: Charlestown Patch is putting together a list of holiday hours for local businesses. If you want your business to be included, email your store hours for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day to email@example.com as soon as possible.