1. Showers possible: There is a slight chance of rain before 3 p.m., with the rest of the day partly sunny and breezy, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be partly cloudy and windy. High: 46, Low: 32
2. Ugly sweater party: Ironside Grill is hosting an “Ugly Christmas Sweater” party tonight at 6 p.m. There will be prizes and entertainment. Please bring a new, unwrapped toy donation for the U.S. Marines’ Toys For Tots holiday drive.
3. Postal Service deadlines: Need to get something in the mail by Christmas? The U.S. Postal Service has noted that this Thursday, Dec. 20 is the last day to mail something using First-Class Mail Service if you want to guarantee a holiday arrival. Friday, Dec. 21 is the deadline to mail anything with Priority Mail Service, and Saturday, Dec. 22 is the deadline for Express Mail Service.
4. Potluck: The Kennedy Center is holding a holiday potluck luncheon today from 12-2:30 p.m. The Kennedy Center staff invites anyone from the Charlestown community to come and bring a dish to share.
5. Runners wanted: The American Liver Foundation still has spots available on their 2013 Run for Research Boston Marathon team. It’s challenging to qualify for the Boston Marathon, and charity spots go quickly. The Run for Research Team is dedicated to raising funds and awareness for the American Liver Foundation. Join online at liverteam.org, or contact Lauren Gainor at email@example.com or 617-527-5600.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning “5 Things.”