1. Sunny: Today will be sunny and windy with a high near 47 degrees and a low around 31, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Rutherford Landing project update: The Charlestown Neighborhood Council Development Committee will hold a meeting to inform residents about construction work at the Rutherford Landing Project (formerly the Knights of Columbus site) today at 7 p.m. at the Mishawum Community Room, 75 Dunstable St. The meeting will cover construction management plans, work hours, construction schedule updates and similar information. All neighbors are welcome to attend and ask questions or comment.
3. Library reopens: The Charlestown branch of the Boston Public Library is scheduled to reopen today at noon after undergoing renovations. Monday library hours are 12-8 p.m. Looking for a good book? Check out our Patch Reads guide for reading recommendations.
4. Holidays at the USS Constitution: Get in the holiday spirit with a visit to the USS Constitution Museum in the Charlestown Navy Yard. Now through Dec. 24, visitors can create a free weatherproof ornament to decorate the holiday tree on board Old Ironsides. Decorate it before Dec. 2 to have your ornament included in the annual tree lighting ceremony. The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
5. Deck your house: Planning to decorate your house for the holiday season? Snap a photo or shoot some video of your domestic masterpiece and share it on Charlestown Patch for a chance to win $500 off your utility bill and a grand prize of $100,000 for your local school. The contest runs today through Dec. 16. Learn more on the contest page.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning “5 things.”