1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny day with a high of 50. The evening will be clear with a low of 33.
2. Toys for Tots: Starting today, local residents can drop off new, unwrapped children’s toys at Hair Cuttery, 5 Austin St., Charlestown. The items will help brighten the holidays for children in need through the Toys for Tots program. The salon is accepting donations through Dec. 18.
3. Charlestown Live: If you missed it last week, you can tune in to BNN-TV today at 10:30 a.m. to watch the latest episode of Charlestown Live, which features an interview with youth sports coach Chris Tucker. Watch it on Comcast Channel 9, RCN Channel 15 or online at www.bnntv.org.
4. Bloggers wanted: Charlestown Patch is looking for Charlestown residents to blog on a variety of topics. Whether you enjoy mountain climbing, knitting or watching movies or have opinions about local politics, national news or parenting techniques, we want to hear from you. Write about what interests you, as much or little as you want, as often as you like! Click here to get started. Questions? E-mail email@example.com.
5. Christopher Columbus Park Holiday Trellis Lighting: Charlestown’s Holiday Stroll is still about two weeks away, but local residents can start celebrating now with a series of holiday-themed events around the city. Today, Christopher Columbus Park, 110 Atlantic Ave., will host the annual lighting of the trellises at 5:30 p.m. Need a ride? Plan your trip by bus or train at mbta.com.