1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a clear day with a high near 48. The evening will cloud over and the temperature will drop to 35.
2. School Choice showcase: Throughout the month of November, Boston Public Schools is welcoming parents to a series of school showcases to help them explore their options for next year. The North Zone Showcase, featuring schools from Allston, Brighton, Charlestown, East Boston, North End, South End and Roxbury—as well as kindergarten through eighth grade options and exam schools—will be held today from 6-8 p.m. at Madison Park High School, 75 Malcolm X Blvd., Roxbury (near the Dudley station and Roxbury Crossing T stop). Free parking is available in the school parking lot, located behind the school. The full list of sessions can be found here.
3. Holiday quilts: The Proper Bostonian Quilters will be displaying their handmade holiday quilts at the Mayor’s Gallery from Nov. 15 to Dec. 31. The Mayor's Gallery is located on the fifth floor of Boston City Hall, 1 City Hall Square.
4. Author talk: The Boston Public Library is hosting a duo author talk with Diana Renn, author of Tokyo Heist and Gina Damico, author of Croack. The two will be talking young adult books from 3-4 p.m. The lecture is free, and so are the snacks.
5. Art exhibit: The Institute of Contemporary Art/Boston is hosting a new exhibit, "This Will Have Been: Art, Love and Politics in the 1980s," from Nov. 15 to March 3. Admission to the ICA is free for all ages from 5-9 p.m. every Thursday.