1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a sunny day with a high near 46 degrees. The evening will cool down to about 33 degrees.
2. For First-time Moms: A Mom Is Born and Babycakes of Charlestown are inviting first-time moms in the Charlestown area to attend a free parenting group today from 10:45 a.m. to noon at 314 Main St. The group is running for the next five Wednesdays, and will continue into the new year if there is enough interest.
3. Diabetic Support Group: MGH Charlestown Healthcare Center offers a free monthy support group for people living with diabetes. Today's session will focus on help for the holidays—"What should I eat?" All are welcome; please call ahead to confirm, 617–724–8202. This group meets at 1 p.m. in the center's lower level conference room.
4. Garlands and Green: Enjoy a night of jazz-infused holiday songs and more at the annual Garlands and Greens holiday gathering. The Hampshire house party costs $35 at the door, and the money goes toward holiday decorating around Beacon Hill. Doors open at 6 p.m. The Hampshire house is located at 84 Beacon St.
5. Whiskey Launch: Bully Boy Distillery is hosting the launch of their American Straight Whiskey at the Blue Room at 1 Hampshire St. in Cambridge. Cost of admission is $15. This event is for the 21-and-over crowd.
5 Things You Can Do Every Day on Charlestown Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the-minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.