1. Peter Looney concert. Mayor Menino and the Bunker Hill Associates present the Peter Looney Concert tonight at 7:00 p.m. at Eden Street Park. .
2. Armory meeting tonight.The CNC Development Committee and the Department of Neighborhood Development will be hosting a today at 7 pm at the Schraft’s Center Cafeteria (529 Main Street) to discuss the potential opportunities and concerns related to theredevelopment of the Charlestown Armory Building located on Bunker Hill Street. TheDepartment of Neighborhood Development anticipates issuing a new Request for Proposal to potential developers and is looking for community input related to the information andrequirements to be included in the RFP, as well as the types of uses the community wouldbe interested in seeing at the former Armory building. Direct abutters and the neighborhoodat large are encouraged to attend.
3. Dinosaurs are coming to Franklin Park Zoo: Take a trip back to a different era at the Franklin Park Zoo. Zoorassic Park brings animatronic dinosaurs to the zoo from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets are $3 for members, $5 for non-members.
4. Boston City Councils Weekly Meeting on Education. The City Council is meeting at 3 p.m. at Boston City Hall. This meeting is open to the public. The order of business for this hearing is the impact of the negotiations deadlock between the Boston Public Schools and the Boston Teachers’ Union on students and families.
5. Come see the 127th Boston Pops Festival. The Boston Pops hosts eight weeks of concerts led by Keith Lockhart. The themes of this season include Broadway, Gershwin, Porter, Gospel, Hollywood, Jazz and more. This event is being held at Boston Symphony Hall from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Ticket prices vary.