1. Snow: You may have heard we’re supposed to get a little snow today. The latest National Weather Service forecast calls for between 13 and 19 inches of show today in the Charlestown area. It will be windy as well, with gusts between 28 to 33 miles per hour and up to 60 mph. Check out the Charlestown Storm Center for local weather updates and other important information as the storm develops. High: 33, Low: 20.
2. Public comment deadline: Today is the last day for Charlestown residents to submit comments for the official record on the Starboard Place development proposal. The project features 54 rental units on Parcel 39A in the Navy Yard, at the corner of First Avenue and Ninth Street. Submit comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Snow Emergency parking: Mayor Thomas Menino has declared a snow emergency effective at noon today. Here is a list of Charlestown streets you cannot park on during the emergency, and a link to nearby garages that offer specials for people who need to move their cars. Remember: You have just two hours after the snow emergency ends to remove your car from the garage.
4. Canceling a weekend event? Or is your Charlestown business closing early on Friday because of the storm? Let me know at email@example.com and I’ll help spread the word. You can also reach out through Facebook and Twitter. See something around Charlestown during the snowstorm? Snap a photo or post the information in a tweet, Facebook message or email and send it to me.
5. Children’s concert Sunday: The Toe Jam Puppet Band is scheduled to perform at the Charlestown Knights Columbus Hall on Sunday, Feb. 10. The 4 p.m. concert will feature original songs, shadow puppetry and storytelling. Tickets cost $10 each and can be purchased in advance at charlestownnurseyschool.com or at the door.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."