1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny with a high near 41 degrees and an evening low around 18, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Pan-Mass signups: Registration opens today for new riders interested in participating in the Pan-Mass Challenge. Now in its 34th year, the annual cross-commonwealth bike-a-thon raises money for cancer research and treatment programs at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. There are routes for all ages and skill levels, ranging from 27 miles to 111 miles. Last year, 48 Charlestown residents for the cause. For more information or to register, visit www.pmc.org.
3. Theatre program: The Boston Theatre Project is accepting registrations for two upcoming classes—a musical theatre dance class and scene/song study class for children ages 8-12. Both classes will be held at the StoveFactory in Charlestown. Scholarships are available. For more information, visit www.bostontheatreproject.com or email email@example.com.
4. Comedy show: Tickets are now available for Charlestown Youth Hockey’s annual Comedy Night fundraiser, scheduled Sunday, Feb. 17 at the Knights of Columbus hall. Tony V. will headline, along with a “star-studded lineup of comedians.” Tickets cost $25 each or $200 for a table of 10. To purchase, contact a Youth Hockey board member (contact info at cyha.com).
5. Library search: If you’ve ever wondered how to use the Boston Public Library’s vast resources for research, there’s a class today at the Central Library in Copley Square (700 Boylston St.) that can help. Learn how to use the library’s newspaper databases and microfilm collections during a free session offered at 2:30 p.m. in the library’s Training Lab.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."