1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny and clear with wind gusts between 13 and 21 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. High: 45, Low: 27.
2. Navy Yard fountain update: The Charlestown Neighborhood Council is holding a meeting today at 7 p.m. to discuss the closing of the fountain in the Navy Yard for recreational use and the creation of a new water play feature in the same area. Rescheduled from Jan. 31, the meeting will be held at the Constitution Inn, in the fifth-floor community room. The public is encouraged to attend.
3. Story time: Boston Public Library’s Charlestown Branch is hosting a free story time today at 11 a.m. for children ages 2-3 accompanied by an adult. Enjoy books, songs and crafts, with an emphasis on reading readiness. Today’s program will have a Valentine’s Day theme.
4. Boston closures: Boston Public Schools are closed today, as the city works to continue cleanup after the weekend snowstorm. The city’s parking ban remains in effect until further notice. The MBTA is running on its regular weekday schedule, as is trash and recycling pickup. For other updates, check out the Charlestown Storm Center.
5. State of the Union: President Barack Obama will deliver his fifth “State of the Union” address tonight at 9 p.m. Check out this list of Boston area television stations that will be airing the speech. In addition, the Greater Boston Young Democrats will host a watch party today from 8-11 p.m. at Boston Beer Works.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."