1. Rain and snow: A mix of rain and snow is in the forecast this morning, becoming all rain after 3 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Snow accumulation will be less than half an inch. In the evening, there is a chance of rain, with a slight chance for more snow between 8 and 10 p.m. High: 37, Low: 31.
2. Volunteers needed: The Friends of the Charlestown Library is looking for volunteers to help with their RIF program on Jan. 24. They need volunteers from 1-2 p.m. to set up the books, 4-5 p.m. to help distribute and from 5-6 p.m. to help clean up. It is a wonderful way to help this local resource and incredible program. If you are interested and available, please email the children's librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Grief support: Beacon Hospice is offering a free grief support group on Wednesdays in January for people in their 20s and 30s who are dealing with the death of a parent, grandparent, sibling, partner or other loved one. The group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. at Beacon Hospice, 529 Main St., Suite 101, Charlestown. Registration is required; for information about this or other grief support groups, contact Diane Christopherson at email@example.com or 857-294-0052.
4. You and Me, Baby: The Charlestown Branch of the Boston Public Library is offering a story, rhyme and bounce time for children under 2 years old accompanied by an adult on Wednesdays at 10:45 a.m. The free program will be held on Jan. 16, 23 and 30 and Feb. 6 and 13.
5. Ready to run? The American Liver Foundation still has spots available on their 2013 Run for Research Boston Marathon team. The Run for Research Team is dedicated to raising funds and awareness for the American Liver Foundation (liverfoundation.org). Join online at liverteam.org, or contact Lauren Gainor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-527-5600.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."