1. Sunny: Today will be sunny, with clouds moving in toward the evening, according to the National Weather Service. High: 38, Low: 28. Snow is in the forecast for the weekend, with an estimated 4-8 inches possible in the Charlestown area. Saturday’s high: 37, low: 30. Sunday’s high: 36, low: 27.
2. Drop-in craft: Kids can drop by the Charlestown Branch of the Boston Public Library today from 2-4 p.m. to make their own princess, pirate or airplane necklace. Supplies are limited; email email@example.com to reserve a spot.
3. On stage: Check out a matinee performance of Wheelock Family Theatre's “Oliver,” which features Charlestown resident David Sullivan as an orphan. The show will take place on the Wheelock College campus (180 Riverway). Tickets cost $20-$30 and can be purchased at the Box Office by calling 617-879-2300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more at WheelockFamilyTheatre.org.
4. Home show: The New England Home Show opened Thursday and will run through Sunday, Feb. 24 at the Seaport World Trade Center (200 Seaport Blvd.). Today, the show is open noon to 9 p.m. Admission is $12 for adults and free for anyone under 17. Buy tickets online and save $3. Also going on: The Progressive New England Boat Show runs through Feb. 24 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (415 Summer St.). Today’s hours are 1-9 p.m.
5. City alerts: With more snowfall possible this weekend, make sure your updated contact information is registered with Alert Boston, the city's emergency notification system. Sign up to get emergency alerts on your phone, by email or text message.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."