1. Rainy: Expect rain today, with patchy fog before 1 p.m. and again after 4 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. More showers are likely in the evening, mainly before 1 a.m. High: 62, Low: 43
2. Flu clinic: The City of Boston is offering free flu shots today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at St. Anthony’s Shrine, 100 Arch St. and from 4-6:30 p.m. at the Oak Square YMCA, 615 Washington St. (Brighton). All clinics are free for Boston residents ages three years and up. Note: The Brighton clinic is for ages 16 and up.
3. Coats for kids: Today is the last day to sign a child up to receive a winter coat through Charlestown Against Drug’s Christmas for Kids coat drive. Forms can be picked up at the Boston Police station on Vine Street or at the BHA Bunker Hill, CharlesNEWtown and Mishawum management offices for residents of those developments.
4. Mothers group: St. Mary-St. Catherine of Siena Parish hosts a Mothers Group every other Monday from 11 a.m. to noon in the Parish Center, 46 Winthrop St. The gatherings and discussions include time for prayer in the hope of creating a support network with the added depth of spirituality. For more information or to RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
5. Holiday contest: There are just six days left to enter Patch’s “Deck the House” contest. You could win $500 off your utility bill or the grand prize of $100,000 for Boston Public Schools. Click here for more information. While you’re at it, enter Boston’s “Deck the Rooftops” contest, with prizes for multi-family homes, porches and balconies, apartment buildings and best street. Deadline to enter both contests is Dec. 16.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in one of our morning “5 Things.”