1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny, with a slight chance of snow showers late this evening after 1 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. High: 28, Low: 24.
2. CNC meeting: The Charlestown Neighborhood Council will meet today at 7 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus Hall (545 Medford St.). For more information, visit charlestownneighborhoodcouncil.org.
3. Preschool open house: Bright Horizons Preschool, located at the Schrafft’s Center (529 Main St.) is holding an open house today from 5:30-7 p.m. Learn about the school curriculum, meet the teachers, talk with parents and enjoy hands-on activities with your child. The preschool is now enrolling new students. Learn more at http://www.brighthorizons.com/schraffts.
4. Model ship exhibit: Drop by the USS Constitution Museum (1 Constitution Plaza) now through March 23 to see the 34th annual Model Shipwright Guild Exhibit, which has a War of 1812 theme. The museum and model exhibit are open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Donations are encouraged.
5. Author talk: Former Boston Bruin Derek Sanderson will visit Boston Public Library’s Central Library (700 Boylston St.) to discuss his autobiography, “Crossing the Line: The Outrageous Story of a Hockey Original,” today at 6 p.m. This program is free and open to the public. It will be held in the Rabb Lecture Hall.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."